State Key Laboratory of Hydrology Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering
Recruitment of Team Leaders
Approved by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the People's Republic of China, the State Key Laboratory of Hydrology, Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering is established jointly by Hohai University and Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute. It has been consecutively assessed as an excellent national key laboratory by the Ministry of Science and Technology. To develop a national research platform with top-level researchers and first-class research products, the State Key Laboratory is recruiting team leaders of five research directions. Outstanding researchers from domestic and overseas are welcome to apply.
1. Position Description
Team leaders are recruited for the following five research directions:
(1) Water resources evolution mechanism and efficient utilization
(2) Watershed hydrological process and disaster prevention and mitigation
(3) River hydrodynamics and water ecological protection;
(4) Estuary coast integrated management and protection
(5) Water engineering safety and disaster mitigation
(1) The successful candidate should have a PhD degree and meet the following requirements:
(a) The candidate should have a broad range of expertise and could apply it to the real-world problems. The candidate should have accomplished outstanding achievements and produced a certain level academic influence.
(b) The candidate should have innovative thoughts on the applied research direction, capable of catching up or maintaining the internationally advanced research level.
(c) The candidate should have a correct attitude, excellent moral character, and team spirit and will lead a cutting-edge research program that seeks to address critical problems in one of five research directions.
(d) The candidate should have working experience in national and overseas well-known universities, research institute, or companies, and have published a number of papers in high-impact journals.
(2) Domestic candidates should have the experience of hosting national-level basic research projects in the past three years, such as key research and development projects, national natural science fund priorities, major projects, etc., or undertaking major national engineering research projects and achieving key technological innovation products.
(3) Be awarded national or provincial-level science and technology awards.
(4) Applicants are generally not older than 55 years of age.
(5) Applicants who have outstanding achievements in the field applied may not be subject to the requirements above.
3. Work Condition, Salary and Bonus
(1) The salary, allowances and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications of the applicants.
(2) The lab will provide regular funding to assist the team to carry out their research.
(3) The lab will offer office and associated equipment.
(4) The researchers of the lab have the priority to the use various facility and equipment.
Specific demands are negotiable.
4. Application Materials
(1) Fill in the “Application Form for Team Leaders”.
(2) Relevant attachments (including the copy of the degree certificate, professional title certificate and other supporting materials; 3 to 5 representative journal papers that could reflect your academic level, etc.).
5. Contact information
Telephone Number: 86-25-83787286
Address: No. 1 Xikang Road, Nanjing
电 话： 86-25-83787286
Application Form for Team Academic Leader.doc